Pacific Hydro releases its Annual Review and Sustainability Report 2013
28 November 2013
Global clean energy solutions provider Pacific Hydro has today released its Annual Review and Sustainability Report 2013, which covers both its business and sustainability performance for the 2012-2013 Australian financial year.
Key highlights for the year include:
- Celebrated 20 years of clean energy and 10 years in South America
- 2.04 million megawatt hours of clean energy produced
- 1.49 million tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions abated
- The launch of new Purpose, Vision, Values and Behaviours statements
- A$319,000 committed to local communities
- Recorded no fatalities and reduced our total injury rate by 31 per cent to a 20 year low
- Resumed operations at the Tinguiririca Energía joint venture in Chile.
Privately owned by IFM Investors, a global fund manager owned by 30 major Australian pension funds, Pacific Hydro has voluntarily published Sustainability Reports for the last four years.
Pacific Hydro’s first combined Annual Review and Sustainability Report, published in 2012, won the ‘Openness & Honesty’ category at the Corporate Responsibility Reporting Awards (CRRA) in London. This is the second CRRA reporting award received by the company, having won ‘Best SME Report’ in 2011.
“Sustainability is a fundamental tenet of Pacific Hydro, so combining our business and sustainability performance in one report simply makes sense for us,” said Pacific Hydro Chief Executive Officer Rob Grant.
“During the reporting period, Pacific Hydro celebrated 20 years of clean energy and 10 years in South America, with 100 per cent of our assets in operation after resuming activities at our Tinguiririca Energía joint venture.”
“I’d like to thank all of our stakeholders for their contributions to the company over the last 20 years and also for their valuable input in the development of the 2013 report.”
The Pacific Hydro Annual Review and Sustainability Report 2013 is based upon the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Reporting Framework, a comprehensive sustainability framework that is widely used around the world.
The report can be viewed online and hard copies are available upon request.